Subject: [sipcore] Éric Vyncke's No Objection on draft-ietf-sipcore-rejected-08: (with COMMENT)

From: Éric Vyncke via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2019 16:36:17 -0700

Éric Vyncke has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-sipcore-rejected-08: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sipcore-rejected/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you all for the work put into this document. I have 2 comments below

== COMMENTS ==

-- Section 1 --

The last paragraph of the introduction describes an attack that should probably
be better located in the security section.

-- Section 4.1 --

In the example, I wonder whether the IPv6 syntax of "Via: SIP/2.0/UDP
[2001:db8::177:60012];branch=z9hG4bK-524287-1" is correct. I would have
expected "Via: SIP/2.0/UDP [2001:db8::17]:760012;branch=z9hG4bK-524287-1" but I
am not a SIP expert.