Subject: [sipcore] Alexey Melnikov's No Objection on draft-ietf-sipcore-rejected-08: (with COMMENT)

From: Alexey Melnikov via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2019 03:09:15 -0700

Alexey Melnikov has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-sipcore-rejected-08: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sipcore-rejected/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for a well written document. I have one nit I would like to discuss:

4.1.  Full Exchange

   Given an INVITE (shamelessly taken from [SHAKEN]):

   INVITE sip:[email-masked] SIP/2.0
   Max-Forwards: 69
   Contact: <sip:+12155550112@[2001:db8::12]:50207;rinstance=9da3088f3>
   To: <sip:[email-masked]>
   From: "Alice" <sip:[email-masked]>;tag=614bdb40
   Call-ID: 79048YzkxNDA5NTI1MzA0OWFjOTFkMmFlODhiNTI2OWQ1ZTI
   P-Asserted-Identity: "Alice"<sip:[email-masked]>,
       <tel:+12155550112>
   CSeq: 2 INVITE
   Allow: SUBSCRIBE, NOTIFY, INVITE, ACK, CANCEL, BYE, REFER, INFO,
       MESSAGE, OPTIONS
   Content-Type: application/sdp
   Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2016 19:23:38 GMT
   Feature-Caps: *;+sip.608
   Identity:
   eyJhbGciOiJFUzI1NiIsInR5cCI6InBhc3Nwb3J0IiwicHB0Ijoic2hha2VuIiwieDV1I

This is not syntactically valid. Either you need a space in front of the above
line, or maybe it would be better if you change the above 2 lines to read:

     Identity:
     eyJhbGciOiJFUzI1NiIsInR5cCI6InBhc3Nwb3J0IiwicHB0Ijoic2hha2VuIiwieDV1I

If the base64 encoded value is one line with no line breaks, you should
consider pointing this out.

   joiaHR0cDovL2NlcnQtYXV0aC5wb2Muc3lzLmNvbWNhc3QubmV0L2V4YW1wbGUuY2VydC
   J9eyJhdHRlc3QiOiJBIiwiZGVzdCI6eyJ0biI6IisxMjE1NTU1MTIxMyJ9LCJpYXQiOiI
   xNDcxMzc1NDE4Iiwib3JpZyI6eyJ0biI64oCdKzEyMTU1NTUxMjEyIn0sIm9yaWdpZCI6
   IjEyM2U0NTY3LWU4OWItMTJkMy1hNDU2LTQyNjY1NTQ0MDAwMCJ9._28kAwRWnheXyA6n
   Y4MvmK5JKHZH9hSYkWI4g75mnq9Tj2lW4WPm0PlvudoGaj7wM5XujZUTb_3MA4modoDtC
   A;info=<http://cert.example2.net/example.cert>;alg=ES256
   Content-Length: 153