Subject: [sipcore] Last Call: <draft-ietf-sipcore-digest-scheme-08.txt> (The Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Digest Authentication Scheme) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2019 16:08:04 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Session Initiation Protocol Core WG
(sipcore) to consider the following document: - 'The Session Initiation
Protocol (SIP) Digest Authentication Scheme'
  <draft-ietf-sipcore-digest-scheme-08.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2019-09-12. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document updates RFC 3261 by updating the Digest Access
   Authentication scheme used by the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
   to add support for more secure digest algorithms, e.g.  SHA-256 and
   SHA-512-256, to replace the broken MD5 algorithm, which might be used
   for backward compatibility reasons only.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sipcore-digest-scheme/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sipcore-digest-scheme/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.