Subject: [smartobject-interest] PhD Positions in Computer Science, , Engineering, Business and Law with a Focus on Future Energy Systems

From: "Anne Koziolek (IPD)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2015 10:32:37 +0100

PhD Positions in Computer Science, Engineering, Business and Law with a 
Focus on Future Energy Systems

Application deadline: January 3rd, 2016

The design of future energy systems which can cope with fluctuating 
supply and flexible demand is an important concern of our society. As a 
PhD student in computer science, economics or law, would you like the 
opportunity to not only have results that advance the state-of-the-art 
in your field and have good publications at selective venues, but also 
seriously engage in interactions with other disciplines, to ensure that 
your results really give way to better energy systems? As a PhD student 
in engineering, would you like to not only work on the design of energy 
systems that are efficient, flexible, resilient and user-friendly, but 
also do so together with individuals from the above disciplines, using 
highly innovative methods?

If so, please read on: The German National Research Foundation (DFG) has 
recently approved the funding of a graduate school 'Energy Status Data  
Informatics Methods for its Collection, Analysis, and Exploitation' at 
Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT). We now seek to fill several 
vacancies for PhD students starting in or around May 2016. Important 
prerequisites are interest in scientific work and a Diploma or Master 
degree in one of the above disciplines or in a related one, e.g., 
mathematics, physics, business informatics, industrial engineering and 
management. Successful candidates should demonstrate academic excellence 
and rigor as well as curiosity. See http://energystatusdata.kit.edu for 
more information on the research envisioned, the program and the 
application procedure. Please apply until January 3rd 2016.

We offer:
- a lot of free space for scientific development,
- excellent personal guidance and support,
- fascinating research topics with a lot of societal relevance,
- an open-minded and highly collaborative research environment
- an international, interdisciplinary research surrounding with numerous 
occasions for cooperation,
- opportunities for personal growth and further training leveraging the 
rich infrastructure at KIT, an institution that is both a university and 
a large-scale research facility,
- an excellent living environment in an attractive, vibrant city in one 
of the most beautiful regions in Germany,
- a salary that covers the living expenses in Germany well, together 
with free university registration.

Both DFG and KIT are interested in increasing the share of women working 
in sciences and looks forward to applications from women in particular. 
Severely disabled applicants will be given preference in case of equal 
qualification.
-- 
Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)
Institute for Program Structures and Data Organization

Jun.-Prof. Dr.-Ing. Anne Koziolek (Martens)

Am Fasanengarten 5,
Building 50.34, Room 326
76131 Karlsruhe, Germany

Phone: +49 721 608-4-3473
Fax: +49 721 608-4-5990
Web: http://are.ipd.kit.edu/people/anne_koziolek/

KIT -- The Research University in the Helmholtz Association