Subject: [Spasm] Scoping question: RFC7468 errata, revision

From: Sean Leonard <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2016 11:22:10 -0700

In October 2015, I noticed a post-publication problem with RFC 7468 
(Simon Josefsson and I are the co-authors).

The ABNF is wrong: BEGIN and END are case-sensitive, but the ABNF is 
case-insensitive. I filed an errata (ID 4508) but it has not been 
addressed yet. I am not sure what to do about it, but it bothers me.

Anyway, I would like to propose that a fix be considered in-scope for 
this WG, whether that means just approving the errata, or revising RFC 
7468. So, there is another proposed work item.

Thank you,

Sean

---

From: Stephen Farrell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2016 19:31:42 +0100

Approving that erratum doesn't seem to me to be a sensible
WG work item. If someone else agrees with you that it's valid
then I'll approve it.

Cheers,
S.

PS: My attitude to errata is to generally ignore them unless/until
someone other than the submitter cares. That's because while many
errata are correct, most are useless as they're not read and many
are not that useful even if read.

On 03/06/16 19:22, Sean Leonard wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> Spasm mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/spasm
>