Subject: [Spasm] ASN.1 of RFC 6268

From: "Erik Andersen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2016 16:56:39 +0200

Hi

I believe I detected a problem in the CMS-AuthEnvelopeData-2010 module of
RFC 6268

The CONTENT-ENCRYPTION and the AlgorithIdentifier{} are imported from
CryptographicMessageSyntax, but should be imported from
AlgorithmInformation-2009.

Erik

---

From: Jim Schaad <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2016 11:14:37 -0700

This is morally correct, but not technically correct.

>From the X.680 8/11 pdf file

Each "Symbol" in "SymbolsFromModule" shall either be defined in the module
body, or be present in

the "Imports" clause, of the module denoted by the "GlobalModuleReference"
in

"SymbolsFromModule".

Thus the fact that they are imported into the CMS-AuthEnvelopedData-2010
module is sufficient to allow for another module to import from that module.
It can be both simpler - not as many different modules to need to import
from at the top of a file - and more complex - it can be harder to find out
which module to be using.  I have not reviewed the 2015 changes, but I doubt
that this is different.

Jim

From: Spasm [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Erik Andersen
Sent: Monday, July 11, 2016 7:57 AM
To: SPASM <[email-masked]>
Subject: [Spasm] ASN.1 of RFC 6268

Hi

Erik