Subject: [lamps] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-shoemaker-caa-ip-00.txt

From: Roland Shoemaker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2017 17:06:53 -0700

Recent work in the ACME WG on implementing validation mechanisms for IP
addresses (draft-ietf-acme-ip) brought up the issue that there is
currently no way for owners of IP addresses to programmatically restrict
issuance of certificates for those identifiers.

CAA seems like the most obvious mechanism but the algorithm defined in
RFC 6844 is only applicable to DNS names. This draft defines a basic
lookup mechanism for CAA records for IP addresses.

I'd be very interested in the WG's thoughts on this document and
opinions on if LAMPS would be the right place for it to be worked on.

Thanks,
Roland

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-shoemaker-caa-ip-00.txt
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2017 16:52:50 -0700
From: [email-masked]
To: Roland Bracewell Shoemaker <[email-masked]>, Roland
Shoemaker <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-shoemaker-caa-ip-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Roland Bracewell Shoemaker and posted
to the
IETF repository.

Name:		draft-shoemaker-caa-ip
Revision:	00
Title:		Certification Authority Authorization (CAA) Validation for IP
Addresses
Document date:	2017-09-11
Group:		Individual Submission
Pages:		4
URL:
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-shoemaker-caa-ip-00.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-shoemaker-caa-ip/
Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-shoemaker-caa-ip-00
Htmlized:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-shoemaker-caa-ip-00

Abstract:
   The Certification Authority Authorization (CAA) RFC specifies a
   method for users to restrict which Certificate Authorities (CAs) are
   authorized to issue certificates for their DNS domain names.  This
   document extends that specification to provide a method for holders
   of IP addresses to do the same.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat