Subject: Re: [lamps] Call for adoption of draft-housley-hash-of-root-key-cert-extn

From: Tim Hollebeek <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2018 09:14:13 +0000

Apologies for the fact that the summer holidays caused this discussion to
last longer than was intended; the consensus on the list appears to support
adoption of this draft as the starting point for this work.

-Tim

From: Spasm <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of Tim Hollebeek
Sent: Saturday, July 14, 2018 6:04 PM
To: SPASM <[email-masked]>
Subject: [lamps] Call for adoption of
draft-housley-hash-of-root-key-cert-extn

The recently approved LAMPS WG Charter adds this work item:

6. Specifies a certificate extension that is carried in a self-signed
certificate for a trust anchor, which is often called a Root Certification
Authority (CA) certificate, to identify the next public key that will be
used by the trust anchor.

It has been suggested that the WG adopt
draft-housley-hash-of-root-key-cert-extn as the starting point for this
work.  Since Russ Housley is the author of this draft, Tim Hollebeek will
judge consensus for this discussion.  Please voice your support or concerns
on the list.