Subject: [lamps] RFC 8649 on Hash Of Root Key Certificate Extension

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2019 12:04:40 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8649

        Title:      Hash Of Root Key Certificate Extension 
        Author:     R. Housley
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       August 2019
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      10
        Characters: 22410
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-lamps-hash-of-root-key-cert-extn-07.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8649

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8649

This document specifies the Hash Of Root Key certificate extension.
This certificate extension is carried in the self-signed certificate
for a trust anchor, which is often called a Root Certification
Authority (CA) certificate.  This certificate extension unambiguously
identifies the next public key that will be used at some point in the
future as the next Root CA certificate, eventually replacing the
current one.

This document is a product of the Limited Additional Mechanisms for PKIX and SMIME Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC