Subject: [Speechsc] FW: EMMA and Speechsc

From: "Eric Burger" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 09:09:23 -0400

Debbie is the Chair of the W3C MMI Work Group.  She is soliciting feedback on EMMA, which is the leading candidate as an interchange format for ASR results for MRCPv2.

-----Original Message-----
From: Deborah Dahl [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tue, August 12, 2003 10:24 AM
To: Eric Burger
Subject: EMMA and Speechsc

Hi Eric,
As you may be aware, the Multimodal Interaction Working 
Group has just published a Working Draft of EMMA, 
(Extensible MultiModal Annotation) the follow-on to NLSML, 
for representing user input. We're looking for feedback from
other interested parties and we'd like specifically to get some 
feedback from the Speechsc group. Either feedback from the group 
as a whole or feedback from individual participants would be useful. 
What do you think would be a good way to go about this?

Best regards,

Debbie 

Brief description of EMMA:

EMMA is designed as a data exchange format for use in representing
application specific interpretations of user input together with
annotations such as confidence scores, time stamps and input medium
etc. Speech and handwriting recognizers, natural language engines,
media interpreters, and multimodal integration components generate
EMMA markup. 

EMMA spec:

     http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/WD-emma-20030811/

Multimodal Interaction home page:

     http://www.w3.org/TR/2002/mmi/

More information about the role EMMA plays in the W3C Multimodal
Interaction Framework can be found in:

     http://www.w3.org/TR/mmi-framework/

_______________________________________________
Speechsc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/speechsc