Subject: [Speechsc] Scope of MRCPv2

From: Cullen Jennings <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2004 08:15:37 -0800

I'm trying to figure out the scope of what I should or should not use MRCPv2
for so that I can try and decide what might be missing from it.

Consider the use case of an IVR build with a separated media device and
controller. The media device plays audio prompts, reports DTMF input up to
the controller, can stop audio playback when there is DTMF input, and can
record audio it receives to files for later playback. It does not do any
TTS, ASR, or speaker verification.

Is this a use case we want to solve with MRCPv2 or should a different
protocol be used for this?

Thanks, Cullen

_______________________________________________
Speechsc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/speechsc

---

From: Sarvi Shanmugham <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2004 23:01:44 -0800

The requirements you have mentioned have been brought up individually by 
different people.
The DTMF recognition, Prompt playout, and the barge-in scenario are 
should be possible with MRCPv2.
The recording capability is currently not in the draft, but has been 
brought up in discussions is being worked on. This is now currently 
available in a MRCPv1 extension draft by Dan Burnett from Nuance.

Sarvi