Subject: [Speechsc] VoiceXML fetchaudiominimum

From: "Lawrence Reisler" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 16:09:31 +0200

Given the current draft spec (draft-ietf-speechsc-mrcpv2-01), I was
wondering how the VoiceXML fetcaudiominimum property could be implemented.
This requires a prompt, once it has begun, to play a minimum number of
seconds before completing.

You could in theory, use the CONTROL method to modify the Speak-Length
parameter when the fetch completes, but according to the spec the length of
time is "relative to the current speaking point in the currently active
SPEAK request" as opposed to an absolute length from the beginning of the
prompt.

Thanks,
Larry

_______________________________________________
Speechsc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/speechsc

---

From: Jeff Kusnitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 06:32:21 -0800

I confess I've not read the new draft, but I don't see why this isn't 
something the client would handle on it's own - just start playing the 
fetchaudio, making a note of the time, and when the fetch completes, if 
fetchaudiominimum has not yet elapsed wait until it has and then issue a 
STOP request.

Or make it simpler and don't even bother with the TTS resource.  Playing 
an audio file is something the client (or a generic audio playing 
resource) could handle on it's own..

Jeff

"Lawrence Reisler" <[email-masked]> wrote on 01/21/2004 06:09:31