Subject: Re: [Speechsc] mrcpv2: Audio formats

From: David Oran <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2004 14:54:07 -0500

--On Friday, January 30, 2004 4:05 PM -0500 Eric Burger 
<[email-masked]> wrote:

> The current text says that .wav and .au be supported for audio playback.
>
> Cullen is correct in stating that .wav files do not limit the codec.
>
> What if we say that .au MUST be supported, and .wav MUST be supported
> with G.711 u-Law and A-Law MUST be supported?
>
Works for me.

> Same issue on recording (if we do recording).
>
>

_______________________________________________
Speechsc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/speechsc

---

From: Sarvi Shanmugham <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2004 23:21:07 -0800

This comment is related to the Save-Waveform header.
   Since this really for trouble shooting purposes the format or codec 
is not really important in my opinion.

Hence we can clarify it as saying that utternance will be stored in au. 
or wav format, based on the filename spacified. The codec essentially 
the same as the ones supported in the SDP of session.

Note that in general G.711 u-law and A-law are generally supported codec 
for MRCP.

For recording, we want the client to be able to specify the storage file 
format, codec etc independent of the SDP codec. But again, I agree the 
MUST support will be the same file formats and codecs as above.

Sarvi

Eric Burger wrote:

>What if we say that .au MUST be supported, and .wav MUST be supported with G.711 u-Law and A-Law MUST be supported?
>