Subject: [Speechsc] FW: Updated RFCs on Copyright and IPR in relation to IETF

From: "Eric Burger" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 23:40:47 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: Magnus Westerlund

Hi,

I would like to make all WG participants aware of that 3 RFC has been 
published that updates your rights in submission to the IETF. I would 
recommend that you look at them. Reasons why you should look at them are:

- RFC 3667 updates what an Internet draft needs to contain, thus it is 
important that any document editor reads this.

- RFC 3667 also regulates what rights you grant with any contribution to 
the IETF. Please note that as contribution is also counted email to the 
WG, speaking at the WG meeting. Please read the RFC for authoritative 
text on this.

- RFC 3668 describes what rules that apply for IPR disclosures, thus it 
applies to any contributing to the IETF.

- RFC 3669 contains guidelines for how to handle IPR in the WG. This can 
be useful reading for people discussing, having or disclosing IPR.

See document information, abstract and links below.

Cheers

Magnus

	BCP 78
         RFC 3667

         Title:      IETF Rights in Contributions
         Author(s):  S. Bradner
         Status:     Best Current Practice
         Date:       February 2004
         Mailbox:    [email-masked]
         Pages:      18
         Characters: 43297
         SeeAlso:    BCP 78

         I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ipr-submission-rights-08.txt

         URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3667.txt

The IETF policies about rights in Contributions to the IETF are
designed to ensure that such Contributions can be made available to
the IETF and Internet communities while permitting the authors to
retain as many rights as possible.  This memo details the IETF
policies on rights in Contributions to the IETF.  It also describes
the objectives that the policies are designed to meet.  This memo
updates RFC 2026, and, with RFC 3668, replaces Section 10 of RFC
2026.

         BCP 79
         RFC 3668

         Title:      Intellectual Property Rights in IETF Technology
         Author(s):  S. Bradner
         Status:     Best Current Practice
         Date:       February 2004
         Mailbox:    [email-masked]
         Pages:      17
         Characters: 41365
         SeeAlso:    BCP 79

         I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ipr-technology-rights-12.txt

         URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3668.txt

The IETF policies about Intellectual Property Rights (IPR), such as
patent rights, relative to technologies developed in the IETF are
designed to ensure that IETF working groups and participants have as
much information about any IPR constraints on a technical proposal as
possible.  The policies are also intended to benefit the Internet
community and the public at large, while respecting the legitimate
rights of IPR holders.  This memo details the IETF policies concerning
IPR related to technology worked on within the IETF.  It also
describes the objectives that the policies are designed to meet.  This
memo updates RFC 2026 and, with RFC 3667, replaces Section 10 of RFC
2026.  This memo also updates paragraph 4 of Section 3.2 of RFC 2028,
for all purposes, including reference [2] in RFC 2418.

        RFC 3669

         Title:      Guidelines for Working Groups on Intellectual
                     Property Issues
         Author(s):  S. Brim
         Status:     Informational
         Date:       February 2004
         Mailbox:    [email-masked]
         Pages:      17
         Characters: 40946
         Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

         I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ipr-wg-guidelines-05.txt

         URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3669.txt

This memo lays out a conceptual framework and rules of thumb useful
for working groups dealing with Intellectual Property Rights (IPR)
issues.  It documents specific examples of how IPR issues have been
dealt with in the IETF.

_______________________________________________
Speechsc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/speechsc

---

From: Jeff Kusnitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 07:10:30 -0800

The current draft references a May 30, 2001 draft of the NLSML spec.  I've 
looked all over and can't find this version - the closed I've found is May 
5, 2001.  Is the May 5 version correct?

Thanks,
Jeff

---

From: "Deborah Dahl" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 13:29:27 -0500

Actually, the only public working draft of NLSML was the
November, 2000 one (http://www.w3.org/TR/2000/WD-nl-spec-20001120/).
There were two versions sent in May, 2001 to the W3C Voice Browser 
internal Working Group list(May 7 and May 30) but neither of them was 
officially published.

> From: [email-masked] 
> [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Jeff Kusnitz
> Sent: Wednesday, March 10, 2004 10:11 AM
> To: IETF SPEECHSC (E-mail)
> Subject: [Speechsc] NLSML Version
> 
>

---

From: Jeff Kusnitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 11:01:03 -0800

> > 5, 2001.  Is the May 5 version correct?

Ahh, the mail archive, of course - I hadn't thought of that.  And there it 
is, the mystery version :-)  I realize neither the 5/7 version nor the 
5/30 version were officially published (which would leave one wondering 
why the MRCP spec(s) require it :-)

Thanks!
Jeff

---

From: Sarvi Shanmugham <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 11:18:31 -0800

Well, I think it was because the older draft wasn't complete enough for 
its use in MRCPv1.
But it was the best we could do short of defining a new XML for the 
purpose.  So we based on the whatever version was available at that time.

Sarvi