Subject: [Speechsc] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-speechsc-mrcpv2-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2004 15:23:43 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Speech Services Control Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Media Resource Control Protocol Version 2(MRCPv2)
	Author(s)	: S. Shanmugham
	Filename	: draft-ietf-speechsc-mrcpv2-02.txt
	Pages		: 134
	Date		: 2004-3-2
	
This document describes a proposal for a Media Resource Control 
    Protocol Version 2(MRCPv2) and aims to meet the requirements 
    specified in the SPEECHSC working group requirements document.
    It is based on the Media Resource Control Protocol (MRCP), also 
    called MRCPv1 developed jointly by Cisco Systems, Inc., Nuance 
    Communications, and Speechworks Inc.  
     
    The MRCPv2 protocol will control media service resources like 
    speech synthesizers, recognizers, signal generators, signal 
    detectors, fax servers etc. over a network. This protocol depends
    on a session management protocol such as the Session Initiation 
    Protocol (SIP) to establish a separate MRCPv2 control session 
    between the client and the media server. It also depends on SIP to 
    establish the media pipe and associated parameters between the
    media source or sink and the media server. Once this is done, the 
    MRCPv2 protocol exchange can happen over the control session 
    established above allowing the client to command and control the 
    media processing resources that may exist on the media server.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-speechsc-mrcpv2-02.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-speechsc-mrcpv2-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-speechsc-mrcpv2-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.