Subject: [Speechsc] draft-ietf-speechsc-mrcpv2-03.txt change logs

From: Sarvi Shanmugham <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 12:57:30 -0700

The MRCPv2 draft has been updated to version -03.

Please find below the change logs for the new draft.

Thanks,
Sarvi

1. Updated Referce numbers to be acurate.

2. In the Introduction   .........................

   The protocol requirements of SPEECHSC require that protocol is 
capable of reaching a media server and setting up communication channels 
to it, for communicating control message and media streams to/from the 
server. The Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) protocol described in [4] 
meets these requirements and is used to setup and tear down media and 
control pipes to the server. In addition, the SIP re-INVITE can be used 
to change the characteristics of these media and control pipes 
mid-session.  The MRCPv2 protocol hence is designed to leverage and 
build upon a session management protocols such as Session Initiation 
Protocol (SIP) and Session Description Protocol (SDP). SDP is used to 
describe the parameters of the media pipe associated with that session. 
It is mandatory to support SIP as the session level protocol to ensure 
interoperability. Other protocols can be used at the session level by 
prior agreement.

..................

3. Added Security Considerations.

4. Updated with various types and corrections mentioned via email.

5. MRCP-Version  description added the following text, per Klaus's request.

Request, response and event messages include the version of MRCP in use, 
and follow [H3.1] (with HTTP replaced by MRCP, and HTTP/1.1 replaced by 
MRCP/2.0) regarding version ordering, compliance requirements, and 
upgrading of version numbers. To be compliant with this specification, 
applications sending MRCP messages MUST include a mrcp-version of 
"MRCP/2.0".

6. Moved GET-PARAMS and SET-PARAMS to generic methods common for all 
resources.

7.  Added support for Cokkie headers intot he generic headers section. 
Text provided by Dave Burke

8.  Moved Vendor specific headers to be a generic header so that it 
applies to all resources.

9. Updated many places that use ALPHA to VCHAR as was suggested on the list.

10.  Added Completion-Reason header to all resources to allow the server 
to return Test error messages describing the reason for failure.

11.  Added support for timestamp to Speech-Marker header

12. Changed name            
                            i. hotword-max-seconds ---> 
hotword-max-duration  
                            ii. hotword-min-seconds ---> 
hotword-min-duration

13.  Change many headers from integer value o float 0.0 - 1.0

14.  Recognition-Timeout description clarified.

15.  DTMF-Term-Timeout clarified.

16.  Recogintion-Mode support

17. DTMF and RFC2833 requirements clarified.

18. Added new methods GET-INTERMEDIATE-RESULTS and VER-CLEAR-BUFFER to 
the verififcation resource

19.  Added Speech-Complete-Timeout,  New-audio-Channel and 
Abort-Verification header fields to the Verification resource.

20. Ver-Buffer-Utterance header field default value is set to "false"

21. Change the Value of  "Score" and Verification-Score to 0.0 -1.0

22. Calrified the VERIFY text with respect to existing voice-print adapt 
Vs retrain and wtih respect to VER-DELETE-VOICEPRINT methods.

23. VER-STOP method updated to support stop Vs abort.

---

From: "Reifenrath, Klaus" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 11:17:17 -0400

Hi Sarvi,
 
many thanks for assembling the new version!
 
There is a "copy-and-past" error: The description of the Completion Reason
header field for the recognizer, recorder and verifier resource does not
fit.
 
Regards,
Klaus 

-----Original Message-----
From: Sarvi Shanmugham [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Donnerstag, 13. Mai 2004 21:58
To: IETF SPEECHSC (E-mail)
Subject: [Speechsc] draft-ietf-speechsc-mrcpv2-03.txt change logs

Thanks,
Sarvi

<!--[if !supportEmptyParas]-->2. In the Introduction
.........................<!--[endif]-->

   The protocol requirements of SPEECHSC require that protocol is capable of
reaching a media server and setting up communication channels to it, for
communicating control message and media streams to/from the server. The
Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) protocol described in [4] meets these
requirements and is used to setup and tear down media and control pipes to
the server. In addition, the SIP re-INVITE can be used to change the
characteristics of these media and control pipes mid-session.  The MRCPv2
protocol hence is designed to leverage and build upon a session management
protocols such as Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) and Session Description
Protocol (SDP). SDP is used to describe the parameters of the media pipe
associated with that session. It is mandatory to support SIP as the session
level protocol to ensure interoperability. Other protocols can be used at
the session level by prior agreement.

..................

Request, response and event messages include the version of MRCP in use, and
follow [H3.1] (with HTTP replaced by MRCP, and HTTP/1.1 replaced by
MRCP/2.0) regarding version ordering, compliance requirements, and upgrading
of version numbers. To be compliant with this specification, applications
sending MRCP messages MUST include a mrcp-version of "MRCP/2.0".

7.  Added support for Cokkie headers intot he generic headers section. Text
provided by Dave Burke

8.  Moved Vendor specific headers to be a generic header so that it applies
to all resources.

10.  Added Completion-Reason header to all resources to allow the server to
return Test error messages describing the reason for failure.

12. Changed name             
                            i. hotword-max-seconds ---> hotword-max-duration

18. Added new methods GET-INTERMEDIATE-RESULTS and VER-CLEAR-BUFFER to the
verififcation resource

22. Calrified the VERIFY text with respect to existing voice-print adapt Vs
retrain and wtih respect to VER-DELETE-VOICEPRINT methods.

---

From: "Reifenrath, Klaus" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 11:27:37 -0400

Hi Sarvi,
 
regarding change 12): The description is still contradictory with regard to
the dimension unit.
 
Regards,
Klaus

-----Original Message-----
From: Sarvi Shanmugham [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Donnerstag, 13. Mai 2004 21:58
To: IETF SPEECHSC (E-mail)
Subject: [Speechsc] draft-ietf-speechsc-mrcpv2-03.txt change logs

Thanks,
Sarvi

..................

12. Changed name

---

From: "Reifenrath, Klaus" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 11:58:47 -0400

Hi Sarvi,
 
with your change 17) DTMF tone recognition became a SHOULD for the
recognizer resource.
DTMF tone recognition is not a natural feature of SPEECH recognition
engines. Furthermore host based DTMF recognition seems not to be very
common.
Therefore I suggest, to replace the SHOULD with a MAY.
 
Regards,
Klaus

-----Original Message-----
From: Sarvi Shanmugham [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Donnerstag, 13. Mai 2004 21:58
To: IETF SPEECHSC (E-mail)
Subject: [Speechsc] draft-ietf-speechsc-mrcpv2-03.txt change logs

Thanks,
Sarvi

..................

12. Changed name

---

From: Eric Burger <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 May 2004 21:51:16 -0400

[chair hat off]
agreed
[chair hat on] 

-----Original Message-----
From: Reifenrath, Klaus
To: 'Sarvi Shanmugham'
Cc: IETF SPEECHSC (E-mail)
Sent: 5/19/04 11:58 AM
Subject: RE: [Speechsc] draft-ietf-speechsc-mrcpv2-03.txt change logs

Hi Sarvi,

Regards,
Klaus

-----Original Message-----
From: Sarvi Shanmugham [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Donnerstag, 13. Mai 2004 21:58
To: IETF SPEECHSC (E-mail)
Subject: [Speechsc] draft-ietf-speechsc-mrcpv2-03.txt change logs

Thanks,
Sarvi

..................

5. MRCP-Version  description added the following text, per Klaus's
request.

9. Updated many places that use ALPHA to VCHAR as was suggested on the
list.

12. Changed name             

_______________________________________________
Speechsc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/speechsc