Subject: [Speechsc] Question on Verification Result Device type

From: Christian Groves <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 15:03:52 +1000

Hello,

With regards to the Verification results I have a question regarding the 
"device".

11.5.2.6.  Device

   This element is found within the incremental or cumulative element
   within the verification results.  Its value indicates the apparent
   type of device used by the caller as determined by the verification
   resource.  It can have the values of "cellular-phone", "electret-
   phone", "carbon-button-phone", or "unknown".

I looked at the archives and did a web search on "electret phone" and 
"carbon button" phone but apart from learning about some microphone 
types it wasn't any clearer what these values represent. I saw some 
previous emails on softarmour/speechsc mailing lists talking about 
having a value such as "land-line" or adding definition for these. Has 
there been any further develops on these aspects? It would be good to 
have a definition to point to when asked about these code points.

Regards, Christian