Subject: [Syslog-sec] -protocol: number of facilities

From: "Rainer Gerhards" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 11:35:44 +0200

Anton comments:

####
I thought we said that this will be limited to a smaller number. People
were concerned how you would configure all facilities.  I personally,
don't necessarily see it as a problem.  One would define specific
facilities, and have catch-all ("*") for the rest of them.  
####

I think we did not agree on that. As far as I have on my mind, there was
concensus that a large number does not hurt but can potentially help.
This is what I tracked down:
http://www.syslog.cc/ietf/protocol/issue5.html

Any comments?

Rainer
_______________________________________________
Syslog-sec mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.employees.org/mailman/listinfo/syslog-sec