Subject: [Syslog-sec] 2005 NETWORK AND DISTRIBUTED SYSTEMS SECURITY SYMPOSIUM (NDSS '05) IS FAST APPROACHING

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 03:51:09 -0500

------------------------------------------------------------------------
  ** My apologies if you receive multiple copies of this message. **

         JUST A REMINDER THAT THE INTERNET SOCIETY'S
2005 NETWORK AND DISTRIBUTED SYSTEM SECURITY SYMPOSIUM (NDSS'05)
                     IS FAST APPROACHING!

February 2, 2005 - Pre Conference Workshop
February 3-4, 2005 - Symposium
Catamaran Resort Hotel, San Diego, California
General Chair:  Eric Harder, National Security Agency
Program co-Chairs: Dan Simon, Microsoft Research
		   Dan Boneh, Stanford University

ONLINE INFORMATION AND REGISTRATION: http://www.isoc.org/ndss05/

    The 12th annual NDSS Symposium brings together innovative and
    forward thinking members of the Internet community including
    leading edge security researchers and implementers, globally
    recognized security technology experts, and users from both
    the private and public sectors who design, develop, exploit,
    and deploy the technologies that define network and distributed
    system security.

    NDSS'05 provides a balanced mix of technical papers (with a
    strong emphasis on implementation) that cover new and practical
    approaches to security problems that are endemic to network and
    distributed systems.

THIS YEAR'S TOPICS INCLUDE:
	* Cryptography in Network Security
	* Denial of Service Attacks
	* Peer to Peer Approaches
	* Internet Defense
	* Intrusion Detection
	* Platform Security.

FEATURED GUEST SPEAKERS:
	* Amit Yoran, who was responsible for coordinating cyber-security
          activities for Homeland Security, will speak on "Security
          Challenges and Opportunities of the Future Enterprise"

        * Dr. Stefan Savage, Computer Science Dept., University of
          California, San Diego discusses "Internet Outbreaks:
          Epidemiology and Defenses

PRE CONFERENCE WORKSHOP TOPICS INCLUDE:
	* Security in handling mobility on the internet
	* Security in wireless LANs
	* Security for telephony or voice over IP
	* Trust relations in ad hoc networks
	* Key management strategies to support mobility
	* Security in RFID.
     More information is available at:
        http://www.isoc.org/isoc/conferences/ndss/05/workshop.shtml
 ÊÊ
REGISTER NOW
     Registration for NDSS'05 is now open. Student rates are available
     for both the workshop and symposium. See the web site for more
     information -- http://www.isoc.org/ndss05/

     Registration fees:
	*  After January 10, 2005               $695.

     Online registrations will be accepted until 20 January 2005. After
     that date, on-site registration will be available upon your arrival.

HOTEL RESERVATIONS
     Remember to make your hotel reservations with the Catamaran
     Resort Hotel.  https://shop.evanshotels.com/nds0130.html

SPONSORSHIP OPPORTUNITIES AVAILABLE!
     If your organization would like to help support NDSS and gain
     visibility through sponsoring, please contact:
     [email-masked].  Information is also available at 
     http://www.isoc.org/ndss05/

Karen Seo
NDSS'05 Publicity Chair

_______________________________________________
Syslog-sec mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.employees.org/mailman/listinfo/syslog-sec