Subject: [Syslog-sec] Meeting In Minneapolis

From: Chris Lonvick <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 05:57:38 -0800 (PST)

Hi Folks,

We're concentrating on getting syslog-protocol and syslog-transport-udp
out right now.  I've been in touch with the authors of those documents and
neither of them can travel to Minneapolis for IETF 62.  From that, I don't
see much point in scheduling a meeting.

Rainer has received Sharon's well thought out review note and is
addressing the issues in a new version.  With luck we may be able to get
that into the ID repository before the cut-off date.

Sharon is correct; I'd like to call for WG Last Call soon.  The IETF is
trying out a new process to try to get IDs to RFCs quicker.  Our ADs have
selected our WG, among others, for trying out the process.  This process
is described in
 draft-ietf-proto-wgchair-doc-shepherding-01.txt
Please read through this when you have a moment.  There are some specific
notes that I will need to send to the IESG when we feel that the IDs are
ready to progress.  I'll be asking some questions of the WG and I'll be
sending around my proposed notes for your review.

Thanks,
Chris
_______________________________________________
Syslog-sec mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.employees.org/mailman/listinfo/syslog-sec