Subject: [Syslog-sec] OIF Liaison on Logging/Auditing with Syslog

From: Chris Lonvick <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 05:03:48 -0800 (PST)

Hi Folks,

We have received a liaison letter from the Optical Internetworking Forum
  http://www.oiforum.com/

I've asked that it be posted to the IETF Liaison Statement page but until
that happens, I've placed a copy on our Additional WG page:
http://www.employees.org/~lonvick/index.shtml
  Cover Letter:
http://www.employees.org/~lonvick/attachments/IETF_OIF_LogAud.pdf
  Liaison Statement:
http://www.employees.org/~lonvick/attachments/oif2003-1.119.06.pdf

The cover asks that interested people review and comment upon this work.
Please do comment on this and I'll summarize in a letter to the OIF.

Thanks,
Chris
_______________________________________________
Syslog-sec mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.employees.org/mailman/listinfo/syslog-sec

---

From: "Anton Okmianski" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 10:45:36 -0500

Chris:

Interesting usage profile. They are using the older draft
transport-udp-02.  They should refer to the latest one.  As a
consequence they mention message fragmentation which was eliminated in
the last transport draft. Specific sections that need to be updated:

2.7 - remove mention of message segmentation

5.3 - references to segmentation and total message length defined in
transport draft; they should review if new message limitations (65k
max - one UDP datagram) in last transport are acceptable to the them

7 - mentions use of ExtendedHeader; this was eliminated since we don't
do segmentation in transport anymore. 

Thanks,
Anton. 

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] 
> [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf 
> Of Chris Lonvick
> Sent: Friday, February 25, 2005 8:04 AM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: [Syslog-sec] OIF Liaison on Logging/Auditing with Syslog
> 
> Hi Folks,
> 
> I've asked that it be posted to the IETF Liaison Statement 
> page but until that happens, I've placed a copy on our 
> Additional WG page: