Subject: [Syslog] syslog-protocol

From: "Rainer Gerhards" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 10:30:59 +0200

Hi all,

Chris helped me brush up the ID, which I really appreciate. I am about
to publish a new version soon. There is one thing that Chris
recommended:

---
I'd like to suggest that Section 6.2.1.1 (Relation to Alarm 
MIB) be dropped from this document.  We discussed the request for this 
relationship between the ITU labels and syslog severities long before
you 
introduced the concept of structured data.  Right now, I would suggest 
that Sharon write a very short document to explicitly define the ITU
Alarm 
MIB severities as an SDID and Params.  This would entirely eliminate the

confusion between syslog Notice and ITU Indeterminate and Cleared.  What

do you think?
----

I like this suggestion. Is there anyone opposed to it? If I do not hear
anything against it, I will remove that section with the next update.

Thanks,
Rainer

_______________________________________________
Syslog mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/syslog