Subject: [Syslog] draft-ietf-syslog-protocol-17 submitted

From: "Rainer Gerhards" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 12:51:41 +0200

Hi all,

I have just submitted this draft. It is a minor update over the previous
version. Most important points for publishing:

- -16 expires soon
- truncation rules releax - no handling of Unicode etc required (as
discussed on list)
- langauge brush-up by Chris Lonvik (thanks again, Chris!)

Contrary to what was discussed early this year, -17 does not reference
nor require transport-tls. I have removed this reference because Sam
indicated we might submit -protocol without -transport-tls. Further, I
find it highly questionable if -tls will ever find acceptance in this WG
given the IPR claim.

Rainer

_______________________________________________
Syslog mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/syslog