Subject: [Syslog] Payload stuff is out of scope for our WG

From: Chris Lonvick <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 1 Jul 2006 18:46:19 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I've seen a lot of discussion about payload format on the list lately.  I 
think that everyone already knows the charter of the WG but I want to be 
clear about this; we're not going to address that issue within our WG. 
I'm OK with having some discussion around this as it makes us think about 
the header information that we've defined in syslog-protocol.  However, we 
are not going to define the payload format in our Working Group.

I would encourage everyone interested in this topic to follow David's 
advice and get involved with the discussions going on in the Operations 
and Management area of the IETF and in other Standards Developing 
Organizations.  For the IETF, please take a look at the latest IESG 
retreat notes here:
   http://www.ietf.org/u/ietfchair/Spring06retreatNotes.txt
See section 11.  Similarly, it might be good for interested people to hold 
a BoF at IETF 67 (San Diego in November).

Thanks,
Chris

_______________________________________________
Syslog mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/syslog