Subject: [Syslog] Consensus on the Huawei IPR claim

From: Chris Lonvick <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 06:25:50 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Folks,

The consensus reached is that:

  The WG SHOULD proceed with draft-ietf-syslog-transport-tls as a Working
  Group document.

There were numerous votes cast for this option.  Most were public and are 
in the archive and I recieved two additional private responses for this. 
I saw very few votes for not continuing with this document on the list, 
and I received none privately.

I want to thank everyone for taking the time to consider the IETF 
position on IPR, and for reviewing the Huawei terms.

I also want to thank David Harrington for his professional attitude. 
There are no rules in the IETF saying that he had to recuse himself from 
this discussion, but I know that he felt that the discussion would proceed 
more smoothly if he did.

And last, I want to thank Huawei for following the process on claiming 
IPR.  I will mention one more time that the IETF, and our Working Group 
cannot and will not make any determination on the validity of any IPR 
claims.

And with that...  Let's get back to work.  :-)  We have a short timeframe 
to finish syslog-transport-tls and get it to the IESG.  Please get your 
comments in to the mailing list and let's move this forward.

Thanks,
Chris

_______________________________________________
Syslog mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/syslog