Subject: [Syslog] syslog WG Timeline

From: Chris Lonvick <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 12:17:17 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Folks,

David and I have agreed upon a timeline for the completion of our 
milestones.  Please review this.  We will be asking for people to provide 
review comments on each of the documents while they are in Working Group 
Last Call (WGLC).  If you know that you're going to be unavailable (summer 
vacation) for some of these WGLCs, please submit comments to the WG 
beforehand, at least to let us know that you've read it.

Thanks,
Chris and David

===start===

Aug 11 - Drive discussion on whether draft-ietf-syslog-device-mib
          represents WG consensus on what needs to be managed in
          -protocol-, -udp-, -tls-, and -sign-.
Aug 11 - Drive discussion on whether draft-ietf-syslog-transport-tls
          should use byte-counting, special character, or both, including
          which special character.

Aug 14 - Begin WG Last Call for draft-ietf-syslog-protocol (45 pages)
Aug 14 - Begin WG Last Call for draft-ietf-syslog-transport-udp (10
          pages)

Aug 18 - Decide what needs to be changed in
          draft-ietf-syslog-transport-tls to represent the final WG
          consensus on byte-counting, special character, or both, including
          which special character.
Aug 18 - Decide what needs to be changed in the general design of
          draft-ietf-syslog-device-mib to represent the WG consensus.

Aug 28 - Close WG Last Call for draft-ietf-syslog-protocol
Aug 28 - Close WG Last Call for draft-ietf-syslog-transport-udp

Aug 28  - Chairs start working on Shepherding documents for
         - draft-ietf-syslog-protocol
         - draft-ietf-syslog-transport-udp

Sep 1 - updated revision of draft-ietf-syslog-transport-tls,
         representing WG consensus.
Sep 1 - updated revision of draft-ietf-syslog-device-mib, representing
         WG consensus.

Aug 28  - Begin WG Last Call for draft-ietf-syslog-sign (33 pages)
Aug 28  - Begin WG Last Call for draft-ietf-syslog-transport-tls (11
           pages)

Sep 11 - Close WG Last Call for draft-ietf-syslog-sign.
Sep 11 - Close WG Last Call for draft-ietf-syslog-transport-tls.

Sep 11 - Chairs start working on Shepherding documents for
         - draft-ietf-syslog-transport-tls
         - draft-ietf-syslog-sign

Sep 11  - Begin WG Last Call for draft-ietf-syslog-device-mib (33
           pages)

Sep 25   - Close WG Last Call for draft-ietf-syslog-device-mib.
Sep 25   - Chairs start working on Shepherding documents for
        	 - draft-ietf-syslog-device-mib

Oct 16 - Chairs produce Shepherding Documents for
        - draft-ietf-syslog-protocol
        - draft-ietf-syslog-transport-udp
        - draft-ietf-syslog-transport-tls
        - draft-ietf-syslog-device-mib
        - draft-ietf-syslog-sign

Oct 23 - Final review of Spepherding Documents by the WG

Nov 1 - Submit the following to the IESG
       - draft-ietf-syslog-protocol
       - draft-ietf-syslog-transport-udp
       - draft-ietf-syslog-transport-tls
       - draft-ietf-syslog-device-mib
       - draft-ietf-syslog-sign

===end===

_______________________________________________
Syslog mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/syslog

---

From: "Rainer Gerhards" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2006 05:05:19 +0200

The schedule sounds fine to me, but I can offer only limited
availability (both for comments and editing) in the next weeks (chairs
are notified about the specifics, I do not like to post absence
information publically).

Thanks,
Rainer 

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Chris Lonvick [mailto:[email-masked]] 
> Sent: Friday, August 11, 2006 1:17 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: [Syslog] syslog WG Timeline
> 
> Hi Folks,
>

---

From: "David Harrington" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 19:33:07 -0400

Hi,

This message officially starts the Syslog Working Group Last Call for
the following two documents: 

draft-ietf-syslog-protocol:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-syslog-protocol-17.txt
draft-ietf-syslog-transport-udp:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-syslog-transport-udp-07
.txt

The Working Group Last Call for these documents will end August 28.

To help get these document reviewed throughly, we are seeking
volunteers to review the documents for the following special reviews:
	1) Spelling and grammar,
	2) boilerplates and reference review, 
	3) security review

The chairs want to see a minimum number of content reviews before we
submit the documents to the IESG. If you review the document and it
looks fine, please post a statement that you have reviewed and found
the document acceptable. Obviously, it if does not look acceptable
please identify your ibjections, preferably with suggested text that
would make it acceptable.

Thanks,
David Harrington
[email-masked] 
[email-masked]
[email-masked]
co-chair, Syslog WG 

> Sent: Friday, August 11, 2006 3:17 PM
> To: [email-masked]