Subject: [Syslog] Review of Mib-10, part 1

From: "David Harrington" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 00:12:22 +0100

Hi Glenn,

-10- looks better than -09-. Thanks for getting this out.
I sent some comments, and I think some still need to be addressed.
Have you finished addressing all Bert's comments?
Here are a couple things I spotted in -10-

1) syslEntCtlEntry should be changed to match the other prefixes
(syslogEntityControlEntry)

2) the same for syslEntOpsEntry, syslEntStarted, syslEntStopped, etc.

3) I recommend chaging "operations related information" to "operations
information"

4) I recommend changing syslogSystemGroup to syslogDefaultGroup if
that's the prefix you keep on all the "Default" variables.

5) I recommend changing syslDevOpsGroup to syslogEntityOpsGroup, and
syslDevCtlGroup to syslogEntityControlGroup. Why do we need two
groups? Can you implement Ops without the Control table, now that one
augments the other?

6) /implememt/implement/

7) Is it possible to support notifications only, since the
notifications contain data from the tables not implemented? Where do
the values come from?

8) did you run the document through the idnits checker at
http://tools.ietf.org/tools/idnits/?
It still reports this problem:
 The page length should not exceed 58 lines per page, but there was 38
    longer pages, the longest (page 2) being 60 lines

9) did you run the MIB module through the smilint utility?
Instructions can be found at
http://www.ibr.cs.tu-bs.de/projects/libsmi/mailrobot.html?lang=de

10) Can you add "Intended status: Standards Track" to the header (see
syslog-sign for an example).

David Harrington
[email-masked] 
[email-masked]
[email-masked]

_______________________________________________
Syslog mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/syslog

---

From: "Glenn M. Keeni" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 23:56:19 +0900

Dave,
     Thanks for the comments. I hope to incorporate the
changes by 5/11/06. Some (2) of Bert's comments are yet
to be addressed. I wanted to get a version out before
the submission deadline.

     Cheers

     Glenn