Subject: [Syslog] -mib-, part 3

From: "David Harrington" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 15:53:59 +0100

Hi,

The transport area directors have been requiring protocol specs to
describe how to avoid congestion. This is especially problematic when
we use UDP.

I suggest adding a writable variable to the MIB module to enable rate
limiting (messages per second) at the sender. This might be a
transport-specific setting (since some transports already have
congestion avoidance), or a system-wide setting. I think the WG should
discuss how they want to handle this.

David Harrington
[email-masked] 
[email-masked]
[email-masked]

_______________________________________________
Syslog mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/syslog