Subject: [Syslog] New Version Notification for draft-ietf-syslog-rfc3195bis-00

From: IETF I-D Submission Tool <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 11:51:32 -0500

A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-syslog-rfc3195bis-00.txt has been successfuly submitted by Eliot Lear and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-ietf-syslog-rfc3195bis
Revision:	 00
Title:		 Reliable Delivery for syslog
Creation_date:	 2007-11-08
WG ID:		 syslog
Number_of_pages: 21

Abstract:
The syslog protocol describes a number of service options related to
propagating event messages.  This memo describes a mapping of the
syslog protocol to TCP connections, useful for reliable delivery of
event messages through the use of a BEEP profile.  The earlier RAW
and COOKED BEEP syslog profiles are deprecated.  The use of syslog
over BEEP provides robustness and security in message delivery that
is unavailable to the usual UDP-based syslog protocol, by providing
encryption and authentication over a connection-oriented protocol.

The IETF Secretariat.

_______________________________________________
Syslog mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/syslog