Subject: [Syslog] [Editorial Errata Reported] RFC5425 (1734)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 15:17:38 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC5425,
"Transport Layer Security (TLS) Transport Mapping for Syslog".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=5425&eid=1734

--------------------------------------
Type: Editorial
Reported by: Alfred Hoenes <[email-masked]>

Section: 5.1, pg.8

Original Text
-------------
   In the simplest case, the transport sender and receiver are
|  configured with information necessary to identity the valid
   end-entity certificates of its authorized peers.

Corrected Text
--------------
   In the simplest case, the transport sender and receiver are
|  configured with information necessary to identify the valid
   end-entity certificates of its authorized peers.

Notes
-----
Typo:   s/identity/identify/ 
                ^        ^
(keep for update!)

Instructions:
-------------
This errata is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party (IESG)
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC5425 (draft-ietf-syslog-transport-tls-14)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Transport Layer Security (TLS) Transport Mapping for Syslog
Publication Date    : March 2009
Author(s)           : F. Miao, Ed., Y. Ma, Ed., J. Salowey, Ed.
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Security Issues in Network Event Logging
Area                : Security
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG