Subject: [Syslog] RFC 5426 on Transmission of Syslog Messages over UDP

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 11:11:29 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5426

        Title:      Transmission of Syslog Messages over 
                    UDP 
        Author:     A. Okmianski
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       March 2009
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      9
        Characters: 19354
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-syslog-transport-udp-12.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5426.txt

This document describes the transport for syslog messages over UDP/
IPv4 or UDP/IPv6.  The syslog protocol layered architecture provides
for support of any number of transport mappings.  However, for
interoperability purposes, syslog protocol implementers are required
to support this transport mapping.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Security Issues in Network Event Logging Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute