Subject: [Syslog] RFC 5425 on Transport Layer Security (TLS) Transport Mapping for Syslog

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 11:11:11 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5425

        Title:      Transport Layer Security (TLS) Transport 
                    Mapping for Syslog 
        Author:     F. Miao, Ed.,
                    Y. Ma, Ed.,
                    J. Salowey, Ed.
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       March 2009
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      13
        Characters: 28159
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-syslog-transport-tls-14.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5425.txt

This document describes the use of Transport Layer Security (TLS) to
provide a secure connection for the transport of syslog messages.
This document describes the security threats to syslog and how TLS
can be used to counter such threats.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Security Issues in Network Event Logging Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute