Subject: [Syslog] Protocol Action: 'Definitions of Managed Objects for Mapping SYSLOG Messages to Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) Notifications' to Proposed Standard (fwd)

From: Chris Lonvick <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 11:07:51 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

Yet another one.  Again thanks to those who helped push this along.

Regards,
Chris

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 08:39:35 -0700 (PDT)
From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
To: IETF-Announce <[email-masked]>
Cc: Internet Architecture Board <[email-masked]>,
     RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Subject: Protocol Action: 'Definitions of Managed Objects for Mapping SYSLOG
     Messages to Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) Notifications' to
     Proposed Standard

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Definitions of Managed Objects for Mapping SYSLOG Messages to Simple
    Network Management Protocol (SNMP) Notifications '
    <draft-ietf-opsawg-syslog-msg-mib-06.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Operations and Management Area Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Dan Romascanu and Ron Bonica.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-opsawg-syslog-msg-mib-06.txt

Technical Summary

    This memo defines a portion of the Management Information Base (MIB)
    for use with network management protocols in the Internet community.
    In particular, it defines a mapping of SYSLOG messages to Simple
    Network Management Protocol (SNMP) notifications.

Working Group Summary

    There was consensus in the working group to publish these documents.

Document Quality

    SNMP and SYSLOG are widely used and deployed. The document was
    reviewed in the Working Group and by MIB DOctors.

Personnel

    Scott Bradner is the Document Shepherd. Dan Romascanu is the
    Responsible Area Director.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce