Subject: [Syslog] reviews needed

From: "David Harrington" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 09:56:49 -0500

Hi,

Our syslog/dtls draft needs reviews.
The isms WG is running a WGLC on their snmp/dtls draft.
The ipfix WG has an ipfix/dtls draft.
The TLS WG is addressing dead peer detection for dtls.

It is important that these can work together on the same system.
Consistency may be important to make it easier for operators.
The requirements for dtls usage for syslog, and ipfix, and SNMP can be
quite different. And there are more protocols to consider.
My main concern is making sure DTLS can be configured in a relatively
consistent manner to suit multiple protocol usages.
It won't be good if an operator puts syslog/dtls and ipfix/dtls and
snmp/dtls on the same system and faces conflicting requirements for
configuration.
We should probably pay close attention to aligning things like default
values, trust assumptions, and configuration information models.

Our draft is supposed to go to WGLC by March, so getting reviews of
the current draft is really important. Please review the draft.

Thanks,
David Harrington
[email-masked]
[email-masked]
[email-masked]