Subject: [tcpm] Welcome to tcpm

From: Ted Faber <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 13:40:06 -0800

Hi folks!

Welcome to the TCPM working group.  We look forward to a great working
group.  A few notes as we start off...

  * The TCPM charter is here:

    http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/tcpm-charter.html

  * TCPM will meet in Seoul.  The indication has not yet made it on to
    the final agenda, but TCPM will split the time-slot allocated to
    TSV-WG (Monday; 3:30-5:30).  If you have agenda items that you
    believe fall within TCPM please send requests to us offlist.  If you
    have previously sent requests to Jon and Allison for TSV-WG agenda
    time, but you think TCPM is the more appropriate place please let us
    know that, too.

  * We really need everyone to provide solid and timely review to drafts
    that are posted to the TCPM list for comment.  This is how things
    move along in the IETF and so we need a bunch of help in this area
    from everyone.

    In particular, since we are inheriting some documents from TSV-WG
    that are close to being ready to forward we need to get these things
    reviewed fairly quickly.  (You'll see calls for review for
    individual drafts under seperate cover.)

  * In grepping through the I-D archives we have noted a bunch of drafts
    that are not on the TCPM charter but look to be within the scope of
    TCPM.  If you are the author of such a draft and would like to think
    about moving it through TCPM with us that'd be great -- please send
    us a note.

  * There are two TCP documents that are staying in TSV-WG because WGLC
    has started in that group and introducing a move to a new group may
    hinder progress.  This applies to the Early Retransmit i-d
    (draft-allman-tcp-early-rexmt-03.txt) and the Eifel Response i-d
    (draft-ietf-tsvwg-tcp-eifel-response-04.txt).

Thanks in advance for all your help.  We are looking forward to a great
WG.

Ted & Mark