Subject: [tcpm] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-tcpm-tcpsecure-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 14:46:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the TCP Maintenance and Minor Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Transmission Control Protocol security considerations
	Author(s)	: R. Stewart
	Filename	: draft-ietf-tcpm-tcpsecure-00.txt
	Pages		: 10
	Date		: 2004-4-20
	
TCP (RFC793 [1]) is widely deployed and one of the most often used
   reliable end to end protocols for data communication. Yet when it was
   defined over 20 years ago the internet, as we know it, was a
   different place lacking many of the threats that are now common.
   Recently several rather serious threats have been detailed that can
   pose new methods for both denial of service and possibly data
   injection by blind attackers. This document details those threats and
   also proposes some small changes to the way TCP handles inbound
   segments that either eliminate the threats or at least minimize them
   to a more acceptable level.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tcpm-tcpsecure-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-tcpm-tcpsecure-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tcpm-tcpsecure-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.