Subject: [tcpm] draft-ietf-tcpm-tcpsecure

From: Sally Floyd <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 16:12:22 -0700

Randall -

Many thanks for the draft!  I haven't read it carefully yet, but I
have been worrying about this issue for HighSpeed TCP, where the
receive window is likely to be quite large.  The large receive
window makes it even easier for an attacker to guess a valid sequence
number for a reset.

It also wasn't on my radar when I wrote the HighSpeed TCP document,
now RFC 3649, so it is not mentioned in the Security Considerations
section of that document, in terms of a security risk related to 
higher congestion windows.

Regards,
- Sally

_______________________________________________
tcpm mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tcpm

---

From: "Randall Stewart (cisco)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 10:04:42 -0500

>higher congestion windows.
Sally:

Thanks for the note... We (I say we since all
of the contributors worked hard on this document
and the fixes)  would appreciate any and all feedback.

The document was rushed out and it does have some
errors.. I know.. so please fire away with corrections :->

Thanks

R

-- 
Randall R. Stewart
ITD - Transport Technologies
815-477-2127(o) or 815-342-5222(c)