Subject: Re: [tcpm] 'Updates' vs an extension

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2007 10:23:48 +0200

I think there is one thing you have been really missing in how to handle 
this document. If you don't desire to make it an required integral part 
of TCP but consider it an extension the right way forward seem to be to 
write an applicability statement initially in the document. The AS 
describe when it should be used. In that you can put the recommendation 
to use it for certain TCP usages etc. Under the assumption that you 
achieve consensus on what to write in it.

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund

IETF Transport Area Director & TSVWG Chair
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVM/M
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone +46 8 4048287
Torshamsgatan 23           | Fax   +46 8 7575550
S-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
tcpm mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tcpm