Subject: [tcpm] RFC 6093 on On the Implementation of the TCP Urgent Mechanism

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2011 11:20:16 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6093

        Title:      On the Implementation of the 
                    TCP Urgent Mechanism 
        Author:     F. Gont, A. Yourtchenko
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       January 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      12
        Characters: 25921
        Updates:    RFC793, RFC1011, RFC1122

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-tcpm-urgent-data-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6093.txt

This document analyzes how current TCP implementations process TCP
urgent indications and how the behavior of some widely deployed
middleboxes affects how end systems process urgent indications.
This document updates the relevant specifications such that
they accommodate current practice in processing TCP urgent
indications, raises awareness about the reliability of TCP urgent
indications in the Internet, and recommends against the use of urgent
indications (but provides advice to applications that do).  
[STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the TCP Maintenance and Minor Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC