Subject: [tcpm] tcp-security draft reviews and meeting slot

From: Wesley Eddy <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 09:16:46 -0500

Hi folks, as we plan for the Prague meeting, one thing we need to gauge 
interest on is having a meeting slot for discussing detail of the 
tcp-security draft:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tcpm-tcp-security/

There had been meetings on this in Anaheim and Beijing, and Fernando has 
recently completed a large editing pass.

This document deeply needs the WG's attention to vet the recommendations 
and either express approval or discuss alterations.

If people think that we need to arrange a separate room in Prague for 
this, please let us know.  In the past two meetings on this document, 
the participation has been a bit light, and the level of feedback not 
very strong yet for confidently advancing this to BCP status.

We are also looking for people to review specific sections that align 
with their interests or expertise, and not necessarily to review the 
entire document in one blow.

The main sections of the document include:
TCP header fields
Common TCP Options
Connection-establishment mechanism
Buffer management
TCP segment reassembly algorithm
TCP congestion control
TCP API
Blind in-window attacks
Information leaking
Covert channels
TCP port scanning
Processing of ICMP error messages by TCP
TCP interaction with IP

Please let us know if you have plans or interest to review a particular 
section so that we know the complete document will be covered by reviews.

-- 
Wes Eddy
MTI Systems