Subject: [tcpm] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-touch-tcpm-automatic-iw-01.txt

From: Joe Touch <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2011 17:59:43 -0700

FYI.

This version incorporates suggestions from various discussions on the 
mailing list shortly after the doc was initially posted.

I intend to pursue this as an experimental extension to TCP. I would be 
glad to have further feedback.

Note that some portions of the doc intended to be 'fleshed out' further 
are waiting for a decision as to whether this will become a TCPM doc or 
an individual submission.

Joe

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-touch-tcpm-automatic-iw-01.txt
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2011 17:56:36 -0700
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
CC: [email-masked]

A new version of I-D, draft-touch-tcpm-automatic-iw-01.txt has been 
successfully submitted by Joe Touch and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-touch-tcpm-automatic-iw
Revision:	 01
Title:		 Automating the Initial Window in TCP
Creation date:	 2011-07-07
WG ID:		 Individual Submission
Number of pages: 11

Abstract:
    The Initial Window (IW) provides the starting point for TCP&#39;s
    feedback-based congestion control algorithm. Its value has increased
    over time to increase performance and to reflect increased
    capability of Internet devices. This document describes a mechanism
    to adjust the IW over long timescales, to make future changes more
    safely deployed and to potentially avoid reexamination of this value
    in the future.

The IETF Secretariat