Subject: [tcpm] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-hurtig-tcpm-rtorestart-01.txt

From: "Per Hurtig (work)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2011 17:30:11 +0100

Hi all,

we've updated the TCP/SCTP RTO restart draft. The main difference
between this version and the previous one is that the modified restart
approach only is conducted for data-limited traffic and that the
intended status of the draft has changed to experimental. Hope we can
discuss it in Taipei.

Regards,
Per

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2011 12:28:48 -0700
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-hurtig-tcpm-rtorestart-01.txt
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]

A new version of I-D, draft-hurtig-tcpm-rtorestart-01.txt has been
successfully submitted by Per Hurtig and posted to the IETF
repository.

Filename:	 draft-hurtig-tcpm-rtorestart
Revision:	 01
Title:		 TCP and SCTP RTO Restart
Creation date:	 2011-10-29
WG ID:		 Individual Submission
Number of pages: 9

Abstract:
   This document describes a modified algorithm for managing the TCP and
   SCTP retransmission timers, that provides faster loss recovery when a
   connection&#39;s amount of outstanding data is small.  The modification
   allows the transport to restart its retransmission timer more
   aggressively in situations where fast retransmit can not be used.
   This enables faster loss detection, and recovery, for connections
   that are short-lived or application-limited.

The IETF Secretariat