Subject: [tcpm] I-D Action: draft-ietf-tcpm-initcwnd-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2011 11:44:23 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the TCP Maintenance and Minor Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Increasing TCP&#39;s Initial Window
	Author(s)       : Jerry Chu
                          Nandita Dukkipati
                          Yuchung Cheng
                          Matt Mathis
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tcpm-initcwnd-02.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2011-10-16

   This document proposes an increase in the permitted TCP initial
   window (IW) from between 2 and 4 segments, as specified in RFC 3390,
   to 10 segments. It discusses the motivation behind the increase, the
   advantages and disadvantages of the higher initial window, and
   presents results from several large scale experiments showing that
   the higher initial window improves the overall performance of many
   web services without risking congestion collapse. The document closes
   with a discussion of a list of concerns, and some results from recent
   studies to address the concerns.

Terminology

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tcpm-initcwnd-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tcpm-initcwnd-02.txt