Subject: [tcpm] I-D Action: draft-ietf-tcpm-fastopen-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2013 11:22:08 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the TCP Maintenance and Minor Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : TCP Fast Open
	Author(s)       : Yuchung Cheng
                          Jerry Chu
                          Sivasankar Radhakrishnan
                          Arvind Jain
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tcpm-fastopen-03.txt
	Pages           : 23
	Date            : 2013-02-25

Abstract:
   TCP Fast Open (TFO) allows data to be carried in the SYN and SYN-ACK
   packets and consumed by the receiving end during the initial
   connection handshake, thus saving up to one full round trip time
   (RTT) compared to standard TCP which requires a three-way handshake
   (3WHS) to complete before data can be exchanged.

Terminology

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tcpm-fastopen

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-tcpm-fastopen-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-tcpm-fastopen-03

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Yuchung Cheng <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2013 12:00:14 -0800

>    (3WHS) to complete before data can be exchanged.
Diffs from -02.txt

1. A fore warning TFO isn't for everyone at section 2. Carved a new
section 7 dedicated for
   application  developers considering TFO. We highlight the potential
issues and benefits,
   and use Web applications an example evaluation.

2. Two new paragraphs in section 4.2.2 after "Server: Receiving SYN
and responding with SYN-ACK"
    1. on SYN-ACK loss TFO may be more aggressive on the  first round trip
    2. Simultaneous Fast open is straightforward in the protocol

3. Negative caching on path not supporting SYN/data is a SHOULD

4. Minor edits

> _______________________________________________
> tcpm mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tcpm