Subject: [tcpm] I-D Action: draft-ietf-tcpm-accecn-reqs-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2013 03:36:36 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the TCP Maintenance and Minor Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Problem Statement and Requirements for a More Accurate ECN Feedback
	Author(s)       : Mirja Kuehlewind
                          Richard Scheffenegger
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tcpm-accecn-reqs-00.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2013-02-11

Abstract:
Explicit Congestion Notification (ECN) is an IP/TCP mechanism where
network nodes can mark IP packets instead of dropping them to
indicate congestion to the end-points.  An ECN-capable receiver will
feedback this information to the sender.  ECN is specified for TCP in
such a way that only one feedback signal can be transmitted per
Round-Trip Time (RTT).  Recently, new TCP mechanisms like ConEx or
DCTCP need more accurate ECN feedback information in the case where
more than one marking is received in one RTT.  This documents
specifies requirement for different ECN feedback scheme in the TCP
header to provide more than one feedback signal per RTT.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tcpm-accecn-reqs

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-tcpm-accecn-reqs-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/