Subject: [tcpm] RFC 6937 on Proportional Rate Reduction for TCP

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 9 May 2013 13:43:50 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6937

        Title:      Proportional Rate Reduction for TCP 
        Author:     M. Mathis,
                    N. Dukkipati,
                    Y. Cheng
        Status:     Experimental
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2013
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      16
        Characters: 39437
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-tcpm-proportional-rate-reduction-04.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6937.txt

This document describes an experimental Proportional Rate Reduction
(PRR) algorithm as an alternative to the widely deployed Fast
Recovery and Rate-Halving algorithms.  These algorithms determine the
amount of data sent by TCP during loss recovery.  PRR minimizes
excess window adjustments, and the actual window size at the end of
recovery will be as close as possible to the ssthresh, as determined
by the congestion control algorithm.

This document is a product of the TCP Maintenance and Minor Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the
Internet community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any
kind. Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC