Subject: [tcpm] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-kuehlewind-tcpm-accurate-ecn-02.txt

From: Mirja Kuehlewind <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2013 13:27:40 +0200

Hi,

we updated our proposal for a more accurate ECN feedback. We now propose one 
solution using codepoints and the Urgent Pointer if the URG flag is not set 
to increase the robustness.

Feedback would be very welcome!

Thanks,
Richard and Mirja

----------  Forwarded Message  ----------

Subject: New Version Notification for 
draft-kuehlewind-tcpm-accurate-ecn-02.txt
Date: Thursday 20 June 2013, 16:36:55
From: [email-masked]
To: Richard Scheffenegger <[email-masked]>, Mirja Kuehlewind 
<[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-kuehlewind-tcpm-accurate-ecn-02.txt
has been successfully submitted by Mirja Kuehlewind and posted to the
IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-kuehlewind-tcpm-accurate-ecn
Revision:	 02
Title:		 More Accurate ECN Feedback in TCP
Creation date:	 2013-06-20
Group:		 Individual Submission
Number of pages: 14
URL:             
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kuehlewind-tcpm-accurate-ecn-02.txt
Status:          
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kuehlewind-tcpm-accurate-ecn
Htmlized:        
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-kuehlewind-tcpm-accurate-ecn-02
Diff:            
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-kuehlewind-tcpm-accurate-ecn-02

Abstract:
   Explicit Congestion Notification (ECN) is an IP/TCP mechanism where
   network nodes can mark IP packets instead of dropping them to
   indicate congestion to the end-points.  ECN-capable receivers will
   feedback this information to the sender.  ECN is specified for TCP in
   such a way that only one feedback signal can be transmitted per
   Round-Trip Time (RTT).  Recently, new TCP mechanisms like ConEx or
   DCTCP need more accurate ECN feedback information in the case where
   more than one marking is received in one RTT.  This document
   specifies a different scheme for the ECN feedback in the TCP header
   to provide more than one feedback signal per RTT.  Furthermore this
   document specifies a re-use of the Urgent Pointer in the TCP header
   if the URG flag is not set to increase the robustness of the proposed
   ECN feedback scheme.

The IETF Secretariat

-------------------------------------------------------

-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Dipl.-Ing. Mirja Kühlewind
Institute of Communication Networks and Computer Engineering (IKR)
University of Stuttgart, Germany
Pfaffenwaldring 47, D-70569 Stuttgart

tel: +49(0)711/685-67973
email: [email-masked]
web: www.ikr.uni-stuttgart.de
-------------------------------------------------------------------