Subject: [tcpm] I-D Action: draft-ietf-tcpm-experimental-options-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 04 Jun 2013 11:03:56 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the TCP Maintenance and Minor Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Shared Use of Experimental TCP Options
	Author(s)       : Joe Touch
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tcpm-experimental-options-06.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2013-06-04

Abstract:
   This document describes how the experimental TCP option codepoints
   can concurrently support multiple TCP extensions, even within the
   same connection. It uses a new IANA TCP experiment identifier, and
   is also robust to experiments that are not registered and those that
   do not use this sharing mechanism. It is recommended for all new TCP
   options that use these codepoints.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tcpm-experimental-options

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-tcpm-experimental-options-06

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-tcpm-experimental-options-06

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Joe Touch <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Jun 2013 11:40:06 -0700

Hi, all,

FYI, this version addresses IESG feedback, notably:

	- recommending a preference towards a shorter ExID to
	conserve space unless needed for specific reasons, as listed

	- removes old text referring to a case no longer relevant

	- clarifies that registered ExIDs apply to both experimental
	option codepoints

Joe

On 6/4/2013 11:03 AM, [email-masked] wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> tcpm mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tcpm
>