Subject: [tcpm] Fwd: I-D Action: draft-nishida-tcpm-apaws-00.txt

From: Yoshifumi Nishida <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2013 19:11:22 -0700

Hello folks,
While seeing lots of nice discussions on 1323bis, I start wondering
that it might be possible to have PAWS like feature without using
timestamp at least in some cases. So, I've decided to submit an I-D to
think about it more.

The draft does not affect rfc1323 and 1323bis as it's an independent
approach and I have no intention to present or discuss this in Berlin
meeting.
But, I will be grateful if you can give some comments or feedback on
this so that I can think how this kind of thing is feasible.

Thanks,
--
Yoshifumi (as individual)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From:  <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, Jul 28, 2013 at 6:35 PM
Subject: I-D Action: draft-nishida-tcpm-apaws-00.txt
To: [email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : A-PAWS: Alternative Approach for PAWS
        Author(s)       : Yoshifumi Nishida
        Filename        : draft-nishida-tcpm-apaws-00.txt
        Pages           : 15
        Date            : 2013-07-28

Abstract:
   This documents describe a technique called A-PAWS which can provide
   protection against old duplicates segments like PAWS.  While PAWS
   requires TCP to set timestamp options in all segments in a TCP
   connection, A-PAWS supports the same feature without using
   timestamps.  A-PAWS is designed to be used complementary with PAWS.
   TCP needs to use PAWS when it is necessary and activates A-PAWS only
   when it is safe to use.  Without impairing the reliability and the
   robustness of TCP, A-PAWS can provide more option space to other TCP
   extensions.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-nishida-tcpm-apaws

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-nishida-tcpm-apaws-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt