Subject: [tcpm] Update on rto restart

From: Anna Brunstrom <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2013 01:19:52 +0200

Hi,

As we have not submitted a new draft for rto restart here is a short 
update on the status.

We have not seen the need to make any changes to the algorithm from the 
last version.

After the last version was posted, there were some suggestions on the 
list to apply rto restart for all segments. The reasons why this more 
aggressive behavior is not used was also discussed on the list. There is 
no reason to tune the rto for situations where fast retransmit can be 
used for recovery.

The main discussion point from earlier mailing list discussions has 
otherwise been the increased risk of spurious rtos. We will present some 
results on this from the Linux implementation at the meeting.

BR,
Anna

PS. Sorry for the late update, due to Swedish vacation time.

Skickat från min Samsung Mobil