Subject: [tcpm] I-D Action: draft-ietf-tcpm-fastopen-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 11:31:55 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the TCP Maintenance and Minor Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : TCP Fast Open
	Author(s)       : Yuchung Cheng
                          Jerry Chu
                          Arvind Jain
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tcpm-fastopen-04.txt
	Pages           : 23
	Date            : 2013-07-15

Abstract:
   TCP Fast Open (TFO) allows data to be carried in the SYN and SYN-ACK
   packets and consumed by the receiving end during the initial
   connection handshake, thus saving up to one full round trip time
   (RTT) compared to the standard TCP, which requires a three-way
   handshake (3WHS) to complete before data can be exchanged. However
   TFO deviates from the standard TCP semantics in that the data in the
   SYN could be replayed to an application in some rare circumstances.
   Applications should not use TFO unless they can tolerate this issue,
   which is detailed in the Applicability section.

Terminology

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tcpm-fastopen

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-tcpm-fastopen-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-tcpm-fastopen-04

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Yuchung Cheng <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 11:43:46 -0700

>    which is detailed in the Applicability section.
Hi tcpm members

We have made several major changes to address comments from last
meeting and the list:
1) a new section of open areas for experimentation
2) a new appendix of proposed socket API
3) reminders of the applicability and semantic change in the abstract
4) a new subsection of browser pre-connect in the relate work
5) elaborate further on attacks in NAT in security section
6) a ton of minor formatting and word-smithing edits

Thanks for all the comments so far.

> _______________________________________________
> tcpm mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tcpm