Subject: [tcpm] RFC 6994 on Shared Use of Experimental TCP Options

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2013 12:28:23 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6994

        Title:      Shared Use of Experimental TCP Options 
        Author:     J. Touch
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       August 2013
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      11
        Characters: 25577
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-tcpm-experimental-options-06.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6994.txt

This document describes how the experimental TCP option codepoints
can concurrently support multiple TCP extensions, even within the
same connection, using a new IANA TCP experiment identifier.
This approach is robust to experiments that are not registered and to 
those that do not use this sharing mechanism.  It is recommended for all 
new TCP options that use these codepoints.

This document is a product of the TCP Maintenance and Minor Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search/rfc_search.php
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC