Subject: [tcpm] I-D Action: draft-ietf-tcpm-1323bis-19.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2014 14:11:07 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the TCP Maintenance and Minor Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : TCP Extensions for High Performance
        Authors         : David Borman
                          Bob Braden
                          Van Jacobson
                          Richard Scheffenegger
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tcpm-1323bis-19.txt
	Pages           : 48
	Date            : 2014-01-24

Abstract:
   This document specifies a set of TCP extensions to improve
   performance over paths with a large bandwidth * delay product and to
   provide reliable operation over very high-speed paths.  It defines
   the TCP Window Scale (WS) option and the TCP Timestamps (TS) option
   and their semantics.  The Window Scale option is used to support
   larger receive windows, while the Timestamps option can be used for
   at least two distinct mechanisms, PAWS (Protection Against Wrapped
   Sequences) and RTTM (Round Trip Time Measurement), that are also
   described herein.

   This document obsoletes RFC1323 and describes changes from it.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tcpm-1323bis/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-tcpm-1323bis-19

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-tcpm-1323bis-19

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: "Scheffenegger, Richard" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2014 22:17:48 +0000

For your information, during the AD review to minor issues were found; One poor use of RFC2119 wording, and an update to the IANA actions to update the TCP options list to reference this too-be-RFC.

Best regards,

Richard Scheffenegger

> -----Original Message-----
> From: tcpm [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of internet-
> [email-masked]
> Sent: Freitag, 24. Jänner 2014 23:11
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: [tcpm] I-D Action: draft-ietf-tcpm-1323bis-19.txt
> 
> 
> Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of
> submission until the htmlized version and diff are available at
> tools.ietf.org.
> 
> _______________________________________________
> tcpm mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tcpm

---

From: Pasi Sarolahti <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2014 01:08:26 +0200

> For your information, during the AD review to minor issues were found; One poor use of RFC2119 wording, and an update to the IANA actions to update the TCP options list to reference this too-be-RFC.

Specifically, the wording change was about Windows Scale option (sec 2.2)

OLD:
   "This option MAY be sent in an initial <SYN> segment (i.e., a segment
   with the SYN bit on and the ACK bit off).  It MAY also be sent in a
   <SYN,ACK> segment, but only if a Window Scale option was received in
   the initial <SYN> segment."

NEW:
   "This option MAY be sent in an initial <SYN> segment (i.e., a segment
   with the SYN bit on and the ACK bit off).  If a Window Scale option
   was received in the initial <SYN> segment, then this option MAY be
   sent in the <SYN,ACK> segment."

We (authors, AD, doc shepherd) believe the new text better captures the right intent. Unless someone objects this change (if so, let us know soon), the document should be ready to move forward.

- Pasi