Subject: [tcpm] I-D Action: draft-ietf-tcpm-accecn-reqs-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 08:43:37 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the TCP Maintenance and Minor Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Problem Statement and Requirements for a More Accurate ECN Feedback
        Authors         : Mirja Kuehlewind
                          Richard Scheffenegger
                          Bob Briscoe
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tcpm-accecn-reqs-05.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2014-02-14

Abstract:
   Explicit Congestion Notification (ECN) is an IP/TCP mechanism where
   network nodes can mark IP packets instead of dropping them to
   indicate congestion to the end-points.  An ECN-capable receiver will
   feed this information back to the sender.  ECN is specified for TCP
   in such a way that it can only feed back one congestion signal per
   Round-Trip Time (RTT).  In contrast, ECN for other transport
   protocols, such as RTP/UDP and SCTP, is specified with more accurate
   ECN feedback.  Recent new TCP mechanisms (like ConEx or DCTCP) need
   more accurate ECN feedback in the case where more than one marking is
   received in one RTT.  This document specifies requirements for an
   update to the TCP protocol to provide more accurate ECN feedback.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tcpm-accecn-reqs/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-tcpm-accecn-reqs-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-tcpm-accecn-reqs-05

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/