Subject: [tcpm] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-nishida-tcpm-apaws-01.txt

From: Yoshifumi Nishida <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2014 10:09:04 -0700

Hi,
I've just submitted a new version of my draft. It discusses reducing the
use of TS option in segments.
Also, it includes some discussions for feature negotiation using non-SYN
segments. Although I don't say late feature negotiation is possible in all
cases, but I still believe it will be possible for some features like this
by adding some simple logics.

I'm not very sure if this is the right approach, but I would like to
explore this so that we can find something useful.
I really appreciate your feedback.

Regards,
--
Yoshi

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, Jun 10, 2014 at 12:04 AM
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-nishida-tcpm-apaws-01.txt
To: Yoshifumi Nishida <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-nishida-tcpm-apaws-01.txt
has been successfully submitted by Yoshifumi Nishida and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-nishida-tcpm-apaws
Revision:       01
Title:          A-PAWS: Alternative Approach for PAWS
Document date:  2014-06-10
Group:          Individual Submission
Pages:          11
URL:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-nishida-tcpm-apaws-01.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-nishida-tcpm-apaws/
Htmlized:       http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-nishida-tcpm-apaws-01
Diff:           http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-nishida-tcpm-apaws-01

Abstract:
   This documents describe a technique called A-PAWS which can provide
   protection against old duplicates segments like PAWS.  While PAWS
   requires TCP to set timestamp options in all segments in a TCP
   connection, A-PAWS supports the same feature without using
   timestamps.  A-PAWS is designed to be used complementary with PAWS.
   TCP needs to use PAWS when it is necessary and activates A-PAWS only
   when it is safe to use.  Without impairing the reliability and the
   robustness of TCP, A-PAWS can provide more option space to other TCP
   extensions.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat