Subject: [tcpm] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-tcpm-rtorestart-03.txt

From: Per Hurtig <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2014 14:10:28 +0200

Hi all,

the newest version of the RTO restart (RTOR) draft address the issues 
pointed out in Alexander's review. A summary of changes is shown below.

We've also performed a series of experiments to assess RTOR's 
performance. Results from these experiments can be found at:

http://riteproject.eu/resources/rto-restart/#the-benefits

o  Updated the document to use "RTOR" instead of "RTO Restart" when
    refering to the modified algorithm.

o  Moved document terminology to a section of its own.

o  Introduced the rrthresh variable in the terminology section.

o  Added a section to generalize the tracking of outstanding
    segments.

o  Updated the algorithm to work when the number of outstanding
    segments is less than four and one segment is ready for
    transmission, by restarting the timer when new data has been sent.

o  Clarified the relationship between fast retransmit and RTOR.

o  Improved the wording throughout the document.

Cheers,
Per

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-tcpm-rtorestart-03.txt
Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2014 05:02:44 -0700
From: [email-masked]
To: Andreas Petlund <[email-masked]>, "Andreas Petlund" 
<[email-masked]>, "Michael Welzl" <[email-masked]>, Per Hurtig 
<[email-masked]>, Michael Welzl <[email-masked]>, "Per Hurtig" 
<[email-masked]>, Anna Brunstrom <[email-masked]>, "Anna 
Brunstrom" <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-tcpm-rtorestart-03.txt
has been successfully submitted by Per Hurtig and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:		draft-ietf-tcpm-rtorestart
Revision:	03
Title:		TCP and SCTP RTO Restart
Document date:	2014-07-04
Group:		tcpm
Pages:		13
URL: 
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tcpm-rtorestart-03.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tcpm-rtorestart/
Htmlized:       http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-tcpm-rtorestart-03
Diff: 
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-tcpm-rtorestart-03

Abstract:
    This document describes a modified algorithm for managing the TCP and
    SCTP retransmission timers that provides faster loss recovery when
    there is a small amount of outstanding data for a connection.  The
    modification, RTO Restart (RTOR), allows the transport to restart its
    retransmission timer more aggressively in situations where fast
    retransmit cannot be used.  This enables faster loss detection and
    recovery for connections that are short-lived or application-limited.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat