Subject: [tcpm] I-D Action: draft-ietf-tcpm-accecn-reqs-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2014 12:04:52 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the TCP Maintenance and Minor Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Problem Statement and Requirements for a More Accurate ECN Feedback
        Authors         : Mirja Kuehlewind
                          Richard Scheffenegger
                          Bob Briscoe
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tcpm-accecn-reqs-07.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2014-07-25

Abstract:
   Explicit Congestion Notification (ECN) is a mechanism where network
   nodes can mark IP packets instead of dropping them to indicate
   congestion to the end-points.  An ECN-capable receiver will feed this
   information back to the sender.  ECN is specified for TCP in such a
   way that it can only feed back one congestion signal per Round-Trip
   Time (RTT).  In contrast, ECN for other transport protocols, such as
   RTP/UDP and SCTP, is specified with more accurate ECN feedback.
   Recent new TCP mechanisms (like ConEx or DCTCP) need more accurate
   ECN feedback in the case where more than one marking is received in
   one RTT.  This document specifies requirements for an update to the
   TCP protocol to provide more accurate ECN feedback.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tcpm-accecn-reqs/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-tcpm-accecn-reqs-07

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-tcpm-accecn-reqs-07

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/