Subject: [tcpm] RFC 7805 on Moving Outdated TCP Extensions and TCP-Related Documents to Historic or Informational Status

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2016 17:48:38 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7805

        Title:      Moving Outdated TCP Extensions and 
                    TCP-Related Documents to Historic or 
                    Informational Status 
        Author:     A. Zimmermann, W. Eddy, L. Eggert
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      8
        Characters: 15754
        Obsoletes:  RFC 675, RFC 721, RFC 761, RFC 813, RFC 816, 
                    RFC 879, RFC 896, RFC 1078, RFC 6013
        Updates:    RFC 7414

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-tcpm-undeployed-03.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7805

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7805

This document reclassifies several TCP extensions and TCP-related
documents that either have been superseded, have never seen
widespread use, or are no longer recommended for use to "Historic"
status.  The affected documents are RFCs 675, 721, 761, 813, 816,
879, 896, 1078, and 6013.  Additionally, this document reclassifies
RFCs 700, 794, 814, 817, 872, 889, 964, and 1071 to "Informational"
status.

This document is a product of the TCP Maintenance and Minor Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC