Subject: [tcpm] I-D Action: draft-ietf-tcpm-rto-consider-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2016 05:58:37 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the TCP Maintenance and Minor Extensions of the IETF.

        Title           : Retransmission Timeout Considerations
        Author          : Mark Allman
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tcpm-rto-consider-02.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2016-04-05

Abstract:
    Each implementation of a retransmission timeout mechanism must
    balance correctness and timeliness and therefore no implementation
    suits all situations.  This document provides high-level guidance
    for retransmission timeout schemes appropriate for general use in
    the Internet.  Within the guidelines, implementations have latitude
    to define particulars that best address each situation.

Terminology

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tcpm-rto-consider/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-tcpm-rto-consider-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-tcpm-rto-consider-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/