Subject: [tcpm] Last Call: <draft-ietf-tcpm-cubic-06.txt> (CUBIC for Fast Long-Distance Networks) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2017 06:59:51 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the TCP Maintenance and Minor Extensions
WG (tcpm) to consider the following document: - 'CUBIC for Fast Long-Distance
Networks'
  <draft-ietf-tcpm-cubic-06.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2017-10-02. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   CUBIC is an extension to the current TCP standards.  The protocol
   differs from the current TCP standards only in the congestion window
   adjustment function in the sender side.  In particular, it uses a
   cubic function instead of a linear window increase function of the
   current TCP standards to improve scalability and stability under fast
   and long distance networks.  CUBIC and its predecessor algorithm have
   been adopted as default by Linux and have been used for many years.
   This document provides a specification of CUBIC to enable third party
   implementation and to solicit the community feedback through
   experimentation on the performance of CUBIC.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tcpm-cubic/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tcpm-cubic/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.