Subject: [Tofoo] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-herbert-remotecsumoffload-00.txt

From: Tom Herbert <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2014 13:47:10 -0700

Remote checksum offload is intended to be used to get checksum offload
of encapsulated packets to work with legacy NICs (those that don't
understand encapsulation protocols). I will be posting an
implementation to Linux shortly for GUE and/or Geneve.

Thanks,
Tom

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From:  <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, Aug 26, 2014 at 1:39 PM
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-herbert-remotecsumoffload-00.txt
To: Tom Herbert <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-herbert-remotecsumoffload-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Tom Herbert and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-herbert-remotecsumoffload
Revision:       00
Title:          Remote checksum offload for encapsulation
Document date:  2014-08-27
Group:          Individual Submission
Pages:          9
URL:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-herbert-remotecsumoffload-00.txt
Status:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-herbert-remotecsumoffload/
Htmlized:       http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-herbert-remotecsumoffload-00

Abstract:
   This specification describes remote checksum offload for
   encapsulation, which is a mechanism that provides checksum offload of
   encapsulated packets using rudimentary offload capabilities found in
   most Network Interface Card (NIC) devices. The outer header checksum
   (e.g. that in UDP or GRE) is enabled in packets and, with some
   additional meta information, a receiver is able to deduce the
   checksum to be set for an inner encapsulated packet. Effectively this
   offloads the computation of the inner checksum. Enabling the outer
   checksum in encapsulation has the additional advantage that it covers
   more of the packet than the inner checksum including the
   encapsulation headers.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat