Subject: [Tools-discuss] A. Local-part, et al. (was: I-D Action:draft-levine-dkim-adsp-00.txt)

From: "Frank Ellermann" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 May 2008 16:58:26 +0200

<[email-masked]> wrote:
 
> Author(s)       : A. Local-part, et al.

Something with the draft submit tool still does not work
as expected for multiple authors.  I reported this some
weeks ago, so maybe s/still/again/ if it is the old bug.

 Frank

> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-levine-dkim-adsp-00.txt

_______________________________________________
Tools-discuss mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tools-discuss

---

From: "Bill Fenner" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 31 May 2008 14:00:44 -0400

> weeks ago, so maybe s/still/again/ if it is the old bug.

Frank,

  You'll be pleased to know that the new I-D Submission tool is much
better at parsing out author names and addresses - e.g., I ran the new
parser across the example you gave, and got:

[{'author_order': 1, 'first_name': 'Steve', 'last_name': 'Atkins',
'email_address': [email-masked]'}, {'author_order': 2,
'first_name': 'Jon', 'last_name': 'Callas', 'email_address':
[email-masked]'}, {'author_order': 3, 'first_name': 'John', 'last_name':
'Levine', 'email_address': [email-masked]'}, {'author_order': 4,
'first_name': 'Ellen', 'last_name': 'Siegel', 'email_address':
[email-masked]'}]

which I think is completely correct.  There's an open question about
what to do about old, bad data in the IETF database - for example, if
you ask the IETF database who [email-masked] is, it says
his name is "Author Domain".  Normally, the tool trusts the database
over the extracted info, since the extraction is all done with
heuristics, so a new submission would continue to have this incorrect
name info.  (Oddly, I don't know where "A. Local-part" came from at
all; I would have expected "A. Domain".)

  This new version should be deployed in June.

  Bill