Subject: [Tools-discuss] abnf extracting code?

From: Tony Hansen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 22:49:11 -0400

Does anyone have some code that does a good job of extracting ABNF 
information from an RFC/I-D?

If we can find some code that does a decent job, an idea for 
tools.ietf.org would be

	tools.ietf.org/abnf/RFC#

It would work just like tools.ietf.org/html/, but show the extracted 
ABNF code from the given RFC or I-D.

	Tony Hansen
	[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
Tools-discuss mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tools-discuss

---

From: Lars Eggert <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 10:47:27 +0300

> information from an RFC/I-D?

The tarball for Bill Fenner's ABNF validator at http://rtg.ietf.org/~fenner/ietf/bap/ 
  contains aex, which seems to work pretty well.

Lars

---

From: Bill Fenner <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 14:05:37 -0400

>  contains aex, which seems to work pretty well.

bap's new home is http://bap.googlecode.com/ and you can download aex  
individually at http://bap.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/aex .

   Bill

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 22:12:03 +0200

Hi,

> individually at http://bap.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/aex .

Tony's idea has been implemented using Bill Fenner's 'aex':

	http://tools.ietf.org/abnf/

Regards,

	Henrik

---

From: Tony Hansen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 17:04:23 -0400

cool! thanks Henrik!

	Tony

Henrik Levkowetz wrote:
>>> The tarball for Bill Fenner's ABNF validator at
>>> http://rtg.ietf.org/~fenner/ietf/bap/  contains aex, which seems to
>>> work pretty well.
>>