Subject: Re: [Tools-discuss] ID-nits contains an obsolete URL

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 2010 13:18:27 +0100

Hi Brian,

On 2010-01-30 05:31 Brian E Carpenter said the following:
>>   Checking nits according to http://www.ietf.org/ID-Checklist.html:
>>   ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
> 
> Umm, this is 404. It seems to have moved to
> http://www.ietf.org/id-info/checklist.html

Well, "http://www.ietf.org/ID-Checklist.html:" (with the trailing colon)
does indeed give a 404, but "http://www.ietf.org/ID-Checklist.html" (without
the colon), which is the correct old URL for the checklist is correctly
redirected to the new location you mention.

I'll update idnits to use the new URL.

> 
>>   ** The document seems to lack an Introduction section.
> 
> Well, I see that this *is* listed as a requirement. Does anyone
> here know why?

No, sorry.

	Henrik

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 2010 09:31:34 +1300

> Well, "http://www.ietf.org/ID-Checklist.html:" (with the trailing colon)

Duh

> I'll update idnits to use the new URL.

Thanks

   Brian