Subject: [Tools-discuss] Fwd: [IRSG] IRTF document state names

From: Aaron Falk <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 22:10:23 -0700

Henrik-

Can you make the change proposed below to the IRTF Trac config?

Thanks,

--aaron

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	[IRSG] IRTF document state names
Date: 	Wed, 17 Feb 2010 13:31:28 -0500
From: 	Aaron Falk <[email-masked]>
To: 	Internet Research Steering Group <[email-masked]>

Hi Folks-

The IRTF trac tickets need to be tweaked a bit IMO.  The current states
a document ticket can take are

    0. RG Review
    1. Initiation of IRSG review
    2. IRSG review received
    3. IRSG review concluded
    4. Awaiting IESG review
    5. Awaiting submission to RFC Editor
    6. In RFC Ed Queue

The IRSG review states are not very useful and there is no reflection of
the transition from conclusion of the IRSG review to the IRSG polling
period.  I suggest the following:

    0. In research group
    1. IRSG review
    2. IRSG poll
    3. IESG review
    4. RFC Editor Queue
    5. Published

I'm not sure whether there should be a state called 'RG revision' since
a doc can transition to 'in research group' from any of the other states
should revision be required.  In the interests of keeping things simple,
I suggest an additional state is not needed.

Barring any objection, I'll ask Henrik to make the appropriate changes. 
Once that's done I'll ask you to check that the tickets for your
documents are accurate.  Open tickets are listed here:
http://trac.tools.ietf.org/group/irtf/trac/report/1

I was surprised to see this page,
http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/group/irtf/, links to the trac tickets.  The
status column is from the IETF document tracker.  On a related note,
there's an effort starting to make the IETF doc tracker, which was
initially developed for IESG use, accessible to working group chairs and
other document streams.  This effort may result in consolidation of the
IRTF and IETF tools, if it turns out the IETF tools are useful to us.  I
understand there will be a bof on this subject Friday morning in
Anaheim.  The agenda of the BoF is focused on wg chairs.  However, there
will be an opportunity for the RG chairs to provide input slightly later.

--aaron