Subject: [Tools-discuss] HTML markup of drafts - reference corner case?

From: Elwyn Davies <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 2010 19:36:09 +0100

Hi.

I was just reading
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-v6ops-isp-scenarios-00 and noticed
that the HTML markup seemed to have missed some of the references.

For example, the last paragraph on page 3:
>    [RFC4779] discusses deployment in broadband access networks such as
>    CATV, ADSL and wireless.  [RFC5181 <http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5181>], [RFC5121 <http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5121>] and
>    [I-D.ietf-16ng-ip-over-ethernet-over-802-dot-16 <http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-v6ops-isp-scenarios-00#ref-I-D.ietf-16ng-ip-over-ethernet-over-802-dot-16>] deal specifically
>    with IEEE 802.16 access networks.  MPLS-based ISPs may use the 6PE
>
>
>
> Carpenter & Jiang       Expires October 17, 2010                [Page 3]
>   
>   <http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-v6ops-isp-scenarios-00#page-4>
> Internet-Draft             ISP IPv6 Scenarios                 April 2010
>
>
>    [RFC4798] mechanism.
>   
Here the RFC references not at the beginning of lines (RFC 5181 ad 5121)
produce links whereas the ones at the beginning of lines don't (RFC 4779
and 4798).  I guess this is something in the already heroic pattern
matching that doesn't pick up these examples.

Regards,
Elwyn

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 2010 13:35:13 +0200

Hi Elwyn,

On 2010-08-04 20:36 Elwyn Davies said:
... 
> matching that doesn't pick up these examples.

Yes.  Since the conversion is done by pattern matching rather than parsing,
it's hard to differentiate between places in the text where there's a
reference to an entry in the reference section, and the entry itself, if the
in-text reference is placed at the beginning of a line.

I'll see if I can refine things to handle this case, though.

Best,

	Henrik