Subject: Re: [Tools-discuss] Update: The transition to xml2rfc v3 (today!) (fwd) Heather Flanagan: Update: The transition to xml2rfc v3 (today!)

From: Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2019 17:04:02 -0400

Dave Rice <[email-masked]> wrote:
    > Another annoyance here is the the xml processor in the submission tool
    > and the xml processor at
    > https://xml2rfc.tools.ietf.org/experimental.html
    > <https://xml2rfc.tools.ietf.org/experimental.html> perform differently,
    > so there’s effectively no test environment to use before submitting.
    > Dave

Dave, can you please try xml2rfc.ietf.org, which is a different installation,
supported by a different entity?

--
Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>, Sandelman Software Works
 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2019 23:26:04 +0200

Hi Michael, David,

> supported by a different entity?

Michael:  Umm, no, that redirects to tools.ietf.org, too, and the processor
behind that, and behind https://xml2rfc.tools.ietf.org/experimental.html,
_and_ behind the submission tool are all the latest release of xml2rfc.

David: I'd be happy to look into any discrepancies you see, but I can only
do so if you provide observations and input XML files for me to work
with.  It won't happen if I don't know about it :-)

FWIW, if you have a tools.ietf.org login, you can use the xml2rfc issue
tracker at https://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/newticket, for
xml2rfc issues, and https://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/ietfdb/newticket
for datatracker issues.

	Henrik