Subject: [Tools-discuss] Meetecho Chair Testing sessions

From: Paul Kyzivat <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2020 09:11:27 -0500

I'm very happy we have these test sessions. My cochair and I just did an 
initial practice before our session and worked out some issues. However, 
the setup is incomplete so there were things we would have liked to test 
but couldn't:

1) There are no meeting materials, so we couldn't explore using them. 
Ideally we would be able to use those from our own WG, but a synthetic 
set for the test session would probably be sufficient.

2) There are no participants, so we couldn't practice controlling 
participants.

(Actually we ourselves were initially participants rather than chairs 
because login used our datatracker credentials by default. We eventually 
figured out we had to leave the session and request to not do automatic 
login in order to get in with the token and be chair.)

So apparently, to practice with real participants we would have to get 
some people who are registered for the meeting, and have them log in. 
Aside from ourselves we didn't have anybody handy to perform that role. 
At the least it would be good to point that out in the instructions. 
(Even I had known, I don't know where I would have found people to fill 
the role.)

3) My cochair (Brian Rosen) was never able to get his image to show up. 
He was able to request it, and Meetecho seemed to think he was sending 
video (I saw the video icon next to his name, and could enable/disable 
it.) But he never showed up. Presumably this was something at his end 
rather than Meetecho itself, but it wasn't clear what. He is running 
MacOs Catalina. Is there a place with hints on how to resolve issues 
like this?

	Thanks,
	Paul