Subject: [Tools-discuss] Up-to-date ebook renderings / https://tools.ietf.org/ebook/

From: Georg Lukas <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2020 10:32:59 +0100

Hello,

it looks like the RFC ebook renderings hosted on
https://tools.ietf.org/ebook/ haven't been updated in the last year.
According to the tools page, the list is weekly generated, so apparently
something broke in November 2019.

Also it looks like the renderer used there doesn't make use of XML sources
(where available) and mis-renders some lists, tables and text paragraphs.

Is there any other generator / repository of IETF documents rendered as
ebooks?

It would be great to have up-to-date builds of the RFCs and I-Ds
suitable for e-ink devices, so ideally in .mobi and .epub formats, and
directly based on XML sources where possible.

Kind regards,

Georg

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2020 11:04:26 +0100

> directly based on XML sources where possible.

I have an script/XSLT combination if you want to run things locally, see
<https://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/rfc2629xslt/rfc2629xslt.html#output.epub>.

Best regards, Julian